Re: Help with TI-92's nth root function and subscript

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help with TI-92's nth root function and subscript

In article <328291ba.7713791@news.pacbell.net>
klkaatz@pacbell.net (Heater) writes:

>I've had a TI-92 for about a week now and, for the life of me, I
>cannot find the nth root function.  I've found the square root
>function easily enough but not the nth root function.   I've looked
>from cover to cover through the book and I've looked through what
>seems like every menu on the calculator.  NOTHING!
>
>Also,  can the TI-92 display subscript variables/notation?
>
>I'd appreciate any info.  Thanks.
-heather
The only way you can get this function is to make it!  An example of this is in
 the ti92 booklet pg 304.  Here it is in case your booklet dosen't have it.
xroot(x,y)
func
x to the (1/y)  'sorry the keyboard on this terminal dosent have the power key
endfunc          so replace "to the" with the power symbol
just enter the power like this
5 to the 3rd power = xroot(5,3)