Re: Invalid dimension error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Invalid dimension error

> I am using TI-83's in my classroom for the first time.  For some reason
> we began getting Invalid Dimension errors.  I don't know what the
> students changed to create the error and I could not get rid of the
> error.  It showed up everytime I tried to graph any equation.  The only
> way I could get rid of the error was to clear the memory.

The culprit here might be a Stat Plot that somehow got turned on,
calling for data in two different lists.  If the two lists are of different
length (or have not been defined at all), the Stat Plot, which _overlays_
whatever you want to graph from the Y= list, will generate the error
message.  Solution:  cursor up above Y1= and shut off the stat plots.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623