Re: About lower case on 83.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: About lower case on 83.

gts@cais3.cais.com (GTS) wrote:

>In article <55a2j8$5d2@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
>DamienDen <damienden@aol.com> wrote:
>>Someone said that they couldn't get lower case letters on the 83, and
>>somone else said that that would be impossible unless asm was used.  Will
>>it be possible then?  The 83 character set/"ascii" chart doesn't appear to
>>have lower case letters in it, except for the normal few.  So unless the
>>programmer physcially drew (pixel by pixel) each lower case letter
>>everytime he/she wanted to use it, I don't expect that it'll be doable.
>>Because on the 85, the characters were already there, you just had to
>>point to them.  May be a little harder on the 83.
>>
>>Oh, and the (82)"Shade(" bug doesn't seem to work on the 83.
>no, the 82 shade doesn't work on the 83
>second, you can receive lower case letters with asm on the 83, as i
>experimented with today.  the problem i encountered, however, was that
>only given ascii chars 00-99 (some chars, some symbols) the full alphabets
>weren't represented, i think j-o and z were admitted formthe listing, at
>least they were the way i tried to do it.  if someone can find a way to
>get these characters through asm on the 83, i would really appreciate it

>--
>gts@cais.cais.com

I found a way to get all the lower case characters on the TI-83.  I
wrote several assembler programs using all of them.  In order to get
them, use the hex values.  41-6A I believe are upper case.

Probably what happened was:  you didn't use the hex endings.
Hex order:
40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,4A,4B,4C,4D,4E,4F

Try it!

If you have any questions or want demo programs using the little
letters, email me at
rgrave19-2@mail.idt.net
Thanks!!!