Re: Compiling TI-BASIC?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Compiling TI-BASIC?

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997 12:07:03 -0800 Sami Khawam
<a9501901@UNET.UNIVIE.AC.AT> writes:
>Robert W McGrew wrote:
>>
>> Exactly what I intended with my original message. . .  If someone
>could
>> make it compile to ZShell, then some of the speed lost by proggin'
>in
>> TI-BASIC would be gained, giving the advantages of an easy
>programming
>> language at a decent speed.
>>

>On ftp.ticalc.org there is some C -like compilers for the ZShell(but
>they are not yet finished).
>I don't know if it is possible to compile TI-BASIC program, but I
>think
>it will be difficult to use the variables defined in the TI-OS (like
>Ans, zoom....). If you want to compile a program with simple ClrCID
>and
>getjeys, then it would be possible(not sure).
>
>--
>Sami Khawam
>a9501901@unet.univie.ac.at
>http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a9501901

That would be alright.  Or maybe someone could just magically invent a
new flavor of BASIC that could be compiled on a PC as a ZShell string.
Just something that would let me do a good bit of math, display text, and
plot points on and off would be fine.

-|/|/esley McGrew