Re: Take apart a link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Take apart a link

In article <01bbcace$088aabc0$9c203fce@brian>, "Brian Heston"
<davidt@halcyon.com> writes:

>I was wondering if anyone has bought a link from TI and tried to take it
>apart.  I would like to make about three of them, but would also like to
>use the official software.  If anyone has been successful in taking one
>apart and examining the circuitry inside, please let me know what you
>found.  Also if no one has done this, would someone who has a real one
let
>me know if the Serial port side is made of molded plastic or if you can
>just unscrew it and open it up.

The official link has been taken apart, to reveal a multiple layered
circuit board + a PIC specialized chip.  If you could program your own pic
chip, and figure out the connections between all of the components between
the boards, then go for it.
Practical?  Not really.  You'd have to basically destroy a $50 link,
probably, just to get all of the circuitry, not to mention decode the pic.
 It wouldn't be worth your time.