Re: Space Taxi

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Space Taxi

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Robert W McGrew wrote:

> I remember that game!  That was one of my favorite Commodore 64 games!
> For those of you unfortunate enough not to have played it, it was kinda
> like those lunar lander games where you control the thrust of the
> spacecraft, but in this one, you had to land on platforms to pick up
> passengers, and then take off and land on the platform the passenger
> wants you to land on.  I'm not sure if the TI-85 is powerful enough for
> it or not, though :-(

I'm sure it is!!  I've seen a lunar lander program on an 82!!

> That reminds me, why haven't I seen any lunar lander style games for
> Zshell.  Looks like the calc would be powerful enough for at least a
> simple one.

That would be really cool.  My main suggestion would be that you should
let the user choose which keys (arrows) do what.  Some people would
prefer that pressing left moves you left, and some would prefer that left
makes a thrust come from the left and move you right, and vice versa, and
the same for up and down (although there is no thrust to move you down,
that's just gravity).  I think this would be a very good programming
venture for someone.  Too bad I can't do ASM.  :(

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com = zarniwoop@juno.com
"If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers
have experienced in the last two decades,  cars would get 400 miles per
gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least once
per week, killing all occupants." - Unknown

The full impact of parenthood doesn't hit you until you multiply the
number of your kids by 32 teeth.