Re: modem?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: modem?

Here's some food for thought.

ALL TI calcs communicate at 9600 baud (1200 BYTES per second). An ZSHELL
program could be written to read and write bytes directly to its link port.
A simliar program as already working on the to be released FARGO.   Keep in
mind that TI calcs do not show 80 characters across and typing is hard
(except the 92!).

I have writtern a program on my TI 92 that shows 80 characters and 20 rows.
I can read it but I am known to have excellent vision!  If you want to
figure out how many characters you can fit well on your calc,  takes its
resolution in pixels and see how many characters fit in a 4x6 space.  This
is for a 3x5 character with a space between characters and lines. I was not
able to do this, so I just programmed  for 3x5 characters, no spaces.
Everything is run together and a little weird on some letters but at least
it will work!

Want to know how I did this? I wrote a program that displays pictures in a
certain spot that moves horizontally to the end and then back to the left
and down a bit. I HAD TO DRAW EACH CHARACTER! I did this by writing a
program that allowed me to fill in  "X"'s in a giant 3x5 grid. I toggled
them on and off in by pressing certain characters and then hit a key to
make the program to draw these into a small PIC variable. (It took a few
hours)