Re: TI 92 V.S. HP 48GX, which one is better?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GTS wrote:

> In article <551dae$2ut@globe.lynx.bc.ca>, > gUFman < <)> wrote:
> >       Hello, does anyone know which is better?  Both are about
> >US$200, but they seem to be quite different...  I don't konw which one
> >to buy!!!  Help!!!
> >
> as far as choosing a calculator, it depends on what the use of the
> calculator will be.  the TI-92 is better for calculus and any typing, but
> it isn't allowed on standardized tests, and the HP48GX is.  plus, the
> HP48GX supports additional memory and external program cards, as well as
> easy access to assembler, system code, and other useful tools.  most of
> the built in functions are slow however, so unless you have easy access to
> a computer link and programs, you will agonize as the HP draws graphs even
> slower than the TI-82!!
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uhh Hello -- the graphing of the HP48GX) is at a much higher resolution
than the
the TI-8x series.  That is why it is "slower".  If you lower the
resolution
to that of the TI (easily done), the HP graphs at _the_same_speed_ as
the TIs.

> i chose the HP because it is much more of a computer, with upgradable
> operating systems (i use java2.8), text editors, and file managers.  like
> some other response said, though, its all personal preference.

This, my friend, is true 8-)

> --
> gts@cais.cais.com

<pre>
--
Deceive
Inveigle

|       Stephen C. Vettorino
|       Irene Katsan-Vettorino
|       <vett@west.net>
|   http://www.west.net/~vett/

"You can sum some of the series some of the time
 and some of the series none of the time ...
 but can you sum some of the series all of the time?"
</pre>