Re: TI 92 V.S. HP 48GX, which one is better?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI 92 V.S. HP 48GX, which one is better?

In article <abergman-2910961236210001@net162-150.student.yale.edu>,
Aaron Bergman <abergman@minerva.cis.yale.edu> wrote:
>In article <556eaq$kmg@news2.cais.com>, gts@cais3.cais.com (GTS) wrote:
>
>:In article <551dae$2ut@globe.lynx.bc.ca>, > gUFman < <)> wrote:
>:>       Hello, does anyone know which is better?  Both are about
>:>US$200, but they seem to be quite different...  I don't konw which one
>:>to buy!!!  Help!!!
>:>
>:as far as choosing a calculator, it depends on what the use of the
>:calculator will be.  the TI-92 is better for calculus and any typing, but
>:it isn't allowed on standardized tests, and the HP48GX is.
>
>Which standardized test would they allow a 48GX on? The capabilities
>aren't all that different in terms of testing.

any standardized tes which allows Ti-82, 83, or whatever, will allow the
HP48GX.  most still won't allow the 92 though, because of its QWERTY
keyboard.  the only problem is that the HP CAN make noise, which can be a
problem, unless you have sound turned off.

>Aaron
>--
>Aaron Bergman -- abergman@minerva.cis.yale.edu
><http://pantheon.yale.edu/~abergman/>
>Smoke a cigarette. Slit your throat. Same concept.

<pre>
--
gts@cais.cais.com
</pre>