Re: REQ: Need TI-85 Help (Urgent!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: REQ: Need TI-85 Help (Urgent!)

In <31eacbb6.66781@news.telepac.pt>, hpataca@mail.telepac.pt (Henrique Pataca)
writes:
>I've just bought a TI-85 to help me at school,
>so I really don't understand much of it yet.
>When i try to do this calculations:
>2x+5x=7x
>or
>det | x     -7     6 | = x^3 -2x^2 -x +2
>      | 1    x-4    0 |
>      | 0    -2   x+2|
>.... I get an error 14: undefined
>
>I want the results to come out with the variables still there,
>I don't want to define my "x" with any number...
>Is it possible? Thanks for any help.
>By the way...I have an exame on the 17th...
>Hurry up!! Please!!
>
>Henrique Pataca
>hpataca@mail.telepac.pt
>Setubal - Portugal

I'm afraid that you have a calc. that is incapable of symbolic calculations...
at least as far as matrix operations goes.  See, the calculator is searching
for values to use in place of the variables...  if you have a value assigned to
those variables, then you can get proper results...  you need a 92 or an HP to
do those types of calculations.

Charles Crawford
chcrawfo@vt.edu