Re: TI Graph Link Errors

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI Graph Link Errors

At 08:05 PM 7/30/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Eric P. Anderson wrote:

I am

>> >Com 1 and Com 3 under Windows 3.1X (I assume thats what you are using)
>> >share the same IRQ, which means for all practical purposes that you can't
>> >have both running at the same time. I ended up putting my mouse on com 1,
>> >my calc cable on com 2, my modem on com 3 with a different IRQ than com1,
>> >etc.  Its a hassle, but there should be enough IRQs to go around.
>>
>> First of all, the guy says he's using Windows 95.  Also, IRQs have nothing
>> to do with the operating system.  They exist the same in Win95 as they do in
>> Win3.1 or dos or whatever.  Besides Win95 still is not a true operating
>> system.  It is dos 7 with Win95 running on top of it, just like
Win3.1/Dos 6.22.

>First of all, who appointed you chief jerk to ride my ass?

I was simply replying to a public message in a public mailing list.  Who
appointed you chief jerk to ride MY ass?

>I was trying
>to help the guy, and misread one line.  As for the OS not being an
>issue, check your facts; OS/2 and Linux can handle two devices sharing a
>IRQ, without locking one out while the other is in operation.  So yes,
>brainiac, the OS is entirely the issue.  Besides, where did I say
>anything about Win95?!  Since you were kind enough to repost my
>article, read it over very carefully and find the line that says
>"Win95 is a true OS in everbody's definition".  Keep looking; I know
>its there!  Or, try taking your beef to
>alt.hate.bill.gates.and.his.loser.os; don't jump down my throat because I
>tried to help a guy.

I'm not trying to flame Bill Gates or Microsoft at all.  How I jumped down
your throat I don't know.  Before you flame me for no reason whatsoever, you
should get your facts straight.  IRQs are HARDWARE related; they have
nothing to do with your operating system.  And, I'm sorry, but Win95 is no
more a real operating system than Win3.1 is.  Gosh, the way you jumped on
top of me I wonder if you're related to Bill Gates.  Do you own stock in
Microsoft?  Get your facts on HARDWARE and your facts on OPERATING SYSTEMS
straight and then we can talk.

>Oh, by the way, get your OS facts straight before you hurt yourself.

You think that Win95 doesn't have IRQs?  What a loser.  Then you try to
flame me when I correct you.

>Did I mention you don't know what the heck you are talking about in
>regards to IRQ conflict dependance on OS?  Or am I using too many big
>words?

Maybe you should try to learn something yourself instead of sulking when
someone corrects the incorrect information which you posted to a public
mailing list.

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *