Re: TI Operating System/Graphical User Interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:06 PM 7/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In article <01bb7d90$6e2fa740$5124eea5@MechSys.worldnet.att.net>, "Riley
>McArdle" <mechsys@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>
>>I am currently working on an OS/GUI for the TI-82 (easily ported to TI-85
>>and TI-83).  I thought that I would tell everyone.  It will have support
>>for multiple fonts (stored in a program file as a compressed list), GUI
>>controls (buttons, tabs, scroll bars, text boxes, etc.), and installable
>>drivers (for screen, keys, fonts, and other things multiple programs can
>>use such as cards or dice, etc.).  It will be portable (because of the
>>installable drivers and the fonts) so that programs made for it can be
>>ported to and from the TI-82, TI-83, and TI-85.  If anyone has any other
>>ideas or suggestions, please speak up.  The one thing so far that I need
>>some help on is base conversion (used for list/matrix compression).  I
>need
>>to be able to convert to and from base 100 and base 200 (maybe others
>too).
>> If you have any source code for this, please E-MAIL me.  Any
>contributions
>>will be acknowledged in the Easter egg.
>>

>I'm interested in helping on the project. Are you using TIBasic or ZShell?
>I don't have the source you ask for now, but if there's any other way I
>can help let me know. I just ask a copy of the prog. when you finish.

This is not possible on the 82.  On the 83 or 85 it would be, since you can
use assembly.  But the 82 has no known "loopholes" allowing access for
machine coding.  I'd be interesting in knowing if you have found one.  If
you are writing this in ti-basic, it's not really a new operating system,
just an overlay on the built in one.

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *