Re: (no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (no subject)

In <31F52626.A8A@shol.com> Mark Malley <Mark@shol.com> writes:

>Is the newsgroup the same as the e-mail list?

Somewhat.  I've tried both, and here's the story:  they're supposed to
be identical, in that everything from the newsgroup goes to the list
and vice versa.  From what I can tell, newsgroup postings do go to the
list, but sending something to the list does not send it to the
newsgroup.

Considering that, I still prefer the newsgroup, because first of all,
with netcom it is for some reason easier to get into newsgroups than
email, and second of all, you don't miss much by sticking to the
newsgroup.  This is purely from observation, and somebody please post
to either confirm this or prove it wrong.

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^