Re: Which TI does your school require

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cben wrote:
> I purchased one recently, and it is almost too good!
> It is really an excellant calculator, and quite easy to use.  This switch
> applies mainly to the upper math classes, such as MTH 251 and higher.  I
> suppose the 92 could be used in lower classes, however it might be overkill!
> Hope this helps...
> Chris Benson
> pcc60325@teleport.com

I agree that the 92 is best for advanced math, although I strongly
recommend it not be used in any classes lower than Algebra 2. The first
year of Algebra, in my opinion, should be calculator-less totally. Then,
the next year, a simple one should be used. Once a student gets to the
higher math, go ahead and use the mega-calcs. This is what I've done in
math classes, and it has worked out very well. I'm glad I can use the
calculator as a tool, and not a crutch.

--James Rankin   PPL-SEL
  monty@nrv.net
  Salem, Virginia  USA

Quote of the Day
"First thing's first, but not necessarily in that order."
     -Dr. Who
http://www.nrv.net/~monty/