Re: Deleting (TI-85)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Deleting (TI-85)

Benjamin D Kohler-Crowe wrote:

> Is it possible to delete things from inside a prog, so that the prog will
> "clean up" after itself?  I'd find this really useful.  Also, it would
> foil some people at my school, who don't understand programming but know
> enough about how it works to do whatever the hell they want with saved
> games, forcing me to rename all my variables hard-to-remember,
> hard-to-guess things like Q, P, Z, X, etc.  (When you have _attributes to
> keep track of, it gets anoying as hell!)  (if that didn't come out as an
> approximately = sign, but instead as a _ it's not my fault, it's juno's,
> but please tell me.)

Well I don't know much about deleting vars but in terms of changes to
the graph format or draw screen, on the 85, you can just have this at
the beginning of the prog:

:STPIC PTEMP
:STGDB GTEMP

and at the end

:RCPIC PTEMP
:RCGDB GTEMP

this would restore the graph, including any drawings such as inverse
functions, ect.
--
-----
  Ian Turner (Vectro)     Happy holidays!