Re: TI-92 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92 Questions

Jeff wrote:

> I have two questions...
>
> First:
> What is the "other" connector used for on the TI-92 (the "non-serial"
> port)?  Is this for the CBL?

the i/o one is for the link cable, and i believe also for the cbl. I've
never seen the cbl in person, but i know it works with the 82 and 85,
which only have i/o ports, so I infer that the cbl uses the i/o port on
the 92 as well. The other port, towards the left of the top of the
calculator, is for an overhead projector. For the 82,85,92, teachers had
to order a specially modified calc from ti that had a bulky plug on the
back for the overhead. on the 92, they just made the plug integrated, so
any student can just plug right in to the overhead w/o downloading stuff
to the teacher. as far as i know, you still have to order the overhead
projector from ti. it's basically a big transparent lcd screen that sits
on top of a regular overhead projector which you supply yourself. note
however, that each calc has it's own overhead thing, since each calc has
differently arrayed lcd's, i.e. the 82 overhead will not work on the 92.

> Second:
> Has anyone ever tried/succeeded in making a temperature sensor which
> could be connected to the calc which allows the temp to be measured in
> real time? I am referring to a "home-made" type of sensor here.

dunno there.
--
Best,                    | Tech Life:
Jonathan Maier           |    Students get shaft