Re: TI-85 Emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 Emulator

At 09:23 AM 12/17/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Is there anyone who used TI-85 emulator.
>How can I make the Ti85rom.bin file required by the emulator program ?
>I download also DumpROM program which created several (8)
>ROM pages of my TI. How can I make the ti85rom.bin from it ?
>Thanks for help.

Gee, I only posted this 2 days ago! Isn't this in the FAQ by now?

I posted this on the TI-Emulator mailing list and on one of the other
TI-Lists awhile ago. I think the guy who made the emulator now has a
program that'll fix the rom checksum for you, instead of you having to use
a hex editor

----------
Step-by-Step Instructions for ROM dumping:
1. Get the TI-Emulator and the ROM dump program from ticalc.org and unzip
them (it's best to unzip them to separate dirs).
2. Make a memory backup of your calculator.
3. Send the DUMP_ROM.85B backup file to your calculator.
4. As the ROM DUMP program's readme file states:
>3) From the custom menu choose which ROM page to dump.
>4) Make memory backup and name it page0.85b ... page7.85b.
5. Put them into the same directory as DUMP_ROM.EXE
6. Run the command
for %%a in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7) do dump_rom.exe page%%a.85b page%%a.bin
at the dos prompt in the directory where DUMP_ROM.EXE is located.
7. Fire up your favorite hex editor and change the last byte in page0.85b -
page6.85b to FF (hex). The last byte in page7.85b must be changed to a
certain value, depending on your ROM version. David Ellsworth posted these
on the TI-Emulator mailing list.
>ROM 2.0   - 2A
>ROM 3.0A  - 57
>ROM 4.0   - 8E
>ROM 5.0   - 5E
>ROM 6.0   - 3D
>ROM 8.0   - 97
>ROM 9.0   - 91
>ROM 10.0  - 35

The bytes must be changed because the last byte is used by the self-test and
by ZShell to check your ROM version.
8. Run the command
copy page0.bin + page1.bin + page2.bin + page3.bin + page4.bin + page5.bin +
page6.bin + page7.bin ti85rom.bin
in the same dir as the .bin files.
9. Copy (or move) the TI85ROM.BIN file into the directory where the
emulator is.
10. Run the emulator. It should give the message that the memory was
cleared. Hit the \ key to turn on the calc. It should act just like your
TI-85.
11. If you want to put anything onto the emulator (like ZShell), first load
them up onto your TI-85 and then use the parallel port link (on LPT1) to
send it over, using (surprise!) the LINK menu.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@sns.com     http://www.sns.com/~ludwigp <- Updated 11/22/96
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page