Serial Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Serial Link

I intend to build a link for the TI-82.  What I was wondering is how can
I get a free serial port to hook it too.  My present serial configuration
is two external serial com ports.  Com1 and Com2.  Com1 is my mouse and
Com2 is disabled and the address is being used by my internal modem.  The
manual for my computer says that I can reconfigure my modem as Com3 and
use IRQ 5 for that.  However my sound card is presently using this IRQ.
Can I use Com3 and if I do what IRQ could I use.  I believe that I have
an IRQ in the double digit range available.  Would this work for Com3 for
the modem, so as to free up the external port on Com2.  Thanks for any
help.
Mark
-
  MARK PATTERSON  YSVF03A@prodigy.com