Re: Ti-82 Cool Stuff???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-82 Cool Stuff???

NTCHRIST wrote:
> > I know the Ti-82 is kinda old and now most people use ti-85's and
> > 92's. But I'm still stuck with my 82, and cant afford anything better.

Don't be silly. "Most" people are still required to buy ti-82s for upper
level math courses in high school. However, many people do opt for an 85
or 92 from the get-go, or upgrade later. Nevertheless, until the 83
becomes standard, the 82 is far from obsolete. I now have an 82 and a 92
and I use them both. You can't beat the 82 for calculating a bunch of
simple expressions and graphing 2D equations quickly. But I use my 92
for heavy duty programs, complex graphing, symbolic integration, etc.

> > So I was wondering if anyone knew anything cool, unusual, or
> > interesting, that can be done with, or to a ti-82. For instance
> > speeding up the procesor, adding sound, programing in asm. Anything.
> > Mainly I'm looking for something new to spice up the old thing. Thanks
> > for anything you can send my way.

First of all, go to www.ticalc.org and read all the stuff under 82.
There are schemes out there for adding sound, an IR link, etc, but your
best bet for excitement is probably to just experiment with alot of
programs, or better yet, experiment with writing your own. FYI: there is
no known way to speed up the processor, however, and asm programming is
not possible.
--
Best,                    | "Whether the chicken crossed the road
Jonathan Maier           |  or the road crossed the chicken