Re: One Question...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: One Question...

ceres@EFNI.COM wrote:

> Is there any way to make the TI-92 account for the finding the
> derivative of y, such that the answer would be y'.  It always assumes
> that y is a constant, therefore making the derivative 0.
> Thanks,

I take it you want to take dy/dx where y=f(x). In this case you have to
define y as a function. The easiest way to do that is to use y1(x) in
the y= editor. The moral being that the ti-92's derivative taker only
works on things defined as functions.

--
Best,                    |"I must admit I laughed out loud when, after
Jonathan Maier           |emerging from a particularily unruly test on a