Re: argh ! 255 charcters only on the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: argh ! 255 charcters only on the TI-92

Number 0 is null so you don't need it anyway.  They are numbered (like most
stuff in computers) starting at 0 so if there are 256 characters that means,
they are numbered 0-255.  However, on the TI-92, TI probably thought that no
one would ever know what the numbers where mapped to and that they wouldn't
need null (0), they just deleted it and started off at 1 (1-255).

--

Riley McArdle
griffon@the-lair.com

Labaye Denis <labaye@club-internet.fr> wrote in article
<1996120623343716714@ppp-197-119.neuilly.club-internet.fr>...
> Hi
>
> I need to convert a sequence of bits into string file.
>
> 1) I convert 8 bits into decimal number
> 2) I convert decimal number into character (with char(x))
> BUT there is only 255 char so I have to manage the 256th in a different
> way.
>
> Someone have a simple solution ? (it could be using something different
> that string or something with Fargo)
>
> Denis

Follow-Ups: References: