Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

>> Good luck finding the extra functionality you believe you "require" in
>> any product from Franklin or Casio.

Actually, Casio in particular has been quite responsive.

I've now learned that a few brave programmers have resorted to massive,
time-consuming reverse engineering so that they could program TI
calculators in assembly language. Yet, when I called on the phone, I
discovered that TI not only refuses to embrace these efforts but
CATEGORICALLY DENIES THEIR EXISTENCE. TI's representative claimed that it
was absolutely impossible to program the TI-85 or TI-92 in assembly
language under any circumstances.  The representative also said that TI's
calculators were EXCLUSIVELY for students. (Never mind that it says
"engineering and scientific" right on the package.)

I informed the salesperson that I would contact an executive on my own, and
would tell him personally that TI's sales and support staff was
turning away inquiries from potential volume buyers.

> Don't forget having to spend $50 more for the Casio to Computer link...
> (The Radio Shack price anyway...)

There are less expensive sources than Radio Shack. Especially if one buys
in volume.

> Franklin makes calculators?

Yes -- also translators, PDAs, and even -- believe it or not -- electronic
Bible concordances.