Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

Your arguments are specious, I'm afraid.

The TRS-80 series had an "ON ERROR GOTO" statement in its BASIC
interpreter 15 years ago.

And if you are in fact a computer science teacher, you already know that
error trapping consumes no CPU cycles or space in one's program unless it
is used -- in which case it is often vital.

I am preparing to return the TI-85 we purchased for testing.  TI has not
responded with any information or help, and TI's support line refused to
put me directly in touch with an executive with product management
responsibility. Instead, they took a number and never returned the call.

This behavior is on a par with the poor marketing and customer relations
skills TI exhibited at the time when the TRS-80 was manufactured. I'd hoped
they had improved since that time.

Unless TI returns my call by the close of business today, they will lose my
client as a customer.  This will means that they've blown a chance to bid
on a contract for at least 1,000 units -- and probably several times that
in the future.  Them's big bucks.

Fortunately, it looks as if both Casio and Franklin will be more
cooperative and responsive.

--Brett Glass