Re: -static-program for TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: -static-program for TI-92

In article <omdX47i00YUn0AA1E0@andrew.cmu.edu>, Nicholas P Konidaris Ii
<npk+@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

:Aaron--
:
:Yeah, I have to say that the statistics package on the Ti92 is sorely
:lacking.  I wish, especially for such a scientific calculator, they
:really improved on the system.
:
:I'm pretty sure least-squares fitting algorithms exist for the ti92,
:somewhere, but I'm not sure.

I'm fairly sure the built in fits which are least square fits.
Unfortunately, least square fits do not take into account uncertainty
which is rather important when doing experiments. Chi-squares are what is
normally used, although there are probably other methods out there.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bergman -- abergman@minerva.cis.yale.edu
<http://pantheon.yale.edu/~abergman/>