Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

>I am considering selling it and buying a TI calculator. Which should I buy? I
>like the TI-85, but I don't know wether it's going to be replaced soon or not.
>
>Is the TI-85 a good buy?
>
>I am a college student, in Management (Business Administration), and I already
>have a Financial Calculator, the HP 19BII, which is very good.
>
>Should I buy another calculator or just sell the Casio?
>
>Send me your opinions, and tell me why.

        You want the 83. The 85 is for science or comp sci people.
The 83 has all the built-in stats and financial functions you'd ever need, is
 easier to use, easier to program, and has the newer,better black-on-gray
 screen instead of the blue-on-green of the others. I use all four calcs on a
 daily basis with my students, and nearly always recommend the 83. The 83
 is far superior in regards to its list capabilities than the 85, and has
the table feature
 which no program quite duplicates. I grab my 85 if I want to play a cool
game, otherwise
 it sits!
George Egbert
Math Department