Re: Is Fargo a Hoax?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is Fargo a Hoax?

JWardell wrote:

>   The backdoor has been posted serval time, and in fact had text files on
> the information on it which have since been removed. I don't know an
> increedible amount about it myself, but it works by backing up the whole
> memory, and then looping around back to the beginning and overwriting it
> with the new code.

The backup I saw in the machine was to backup variables, not all as a
big chunk.  I realize the TI-85 was done that way; but the 92 has more
'protection.'

Could someone with this backdoor please post it again?

>   Well I can't say much more than I have it, but that of course doesn't
> prove much to you. If there's any way I can prove it short of distributing
> it please tell me.
>
>     -Josh
> http://members.aol.com/jwardell/ti92/fargo/

Since you have Fargo, would you mind telling me what you did to install
it?  I mean, besides the absence of Fargo, there must be something you
typed to start this initial backup.

Matt.