Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

>Many people in this thread have commented on a ML solution to a problem
>with the HP's speed in doing stuff, but when (if?) Fargo comes out, why
>not do the same for that Matrix thing which was also mentioned?  If
>someone could develop a faster and/or more accurate way of doing
>certain things through Fargo, then by all means, make a separate math
>utility to do so!  Better yet, anything which the TI-92 can't do, let
>Fargo take over!

I'm an HP48gx user... and I'm a Ti-82 user.  I love both calculators
very much.  They both have their pros and cons.

But for someone to make a ML solution to mathematics on a TI-92 seems
unreal.  First of all, how many software engineers use the Ti-92?
Second, how many of those software engineers are math majors?  Since
the Ti-92 is aimed mainly at education, engineers don't really
consider buying one of those.  HP aims at engineers which accounts for
the ML software available on the 'net.

I do know a bit of 68k assembly, but I'm not sure how much of it is
compatible with the Ti calculator.  Graphic routines may be
different....

| "You can pick your friends, and  | (   \ (  \/  )   mao@wuchem.wustl.edu |
|  you can pick your nose; but you |  ) ) ) )    (                         |
|  can't pick your friend's nose." | (___/ (_/\/\_)       (Dean Mao)       |