Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

In <--3008961310300001@slip35.pdx.oneworld.com> - (JUSTIN SMITH)
writes:

>Here are a lot of my reasons why I like my Ti-92.
>
>*3d graphing
>
>*Geometry Sketchpad

As for geometry, I love it, but I can't seem to figure out how to enter
values for measurments (i.e. number of angle degrees), and that makes
it a bit more frustrating.  Anyone figure out how?

>*Built in database
>
>*Built in Text editor

The trouble with that is that there is no way to convert .92T files
into .TXT or .DOC files, other than copying and pasting to Notepad or
Word from TI-GRAPH LINK 92 (and vice versa).  Could someone write a
program which would do that?  Or even better, a Fargo word processor
and a separate PC program so that it can be converted to Word
afterwards?

>*MANY advanced math functions for algebra,trig, and for calculas.
>
>*Very easy to program, even after switching from RPN.
>
>*Animation...
>
>*Also the dragdown menus and the function keys are a nice touch,
(after
>using macs) :))

And the custom menu, not to mention the catalog with syntax
instructions

>Bottom line: For TOTAL useablilty, the Ti-92 easily creams the HP.If
you
>want a powerful calculator that you can use fast, and easily, buy a
Ti-92,
>well worth the 180$. :)
>

>-Justin

Many people in this thread have commented on a ML solution to a problem
with the HP's speed in doing stuff, but when (if?) Fargo comes out, why
not do the same for that Matrix thing which was also mentioned?  If
someone could develop a faster and/or more accurate way of doing
certain things through Fargo, then by all means, make a separate math
utility to do so!  Better yet, anything which the TI-92 can't do, let
Fargo take over!

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^

(by the way, this thread is much friendlier than the TI SUCKS HP RULES
one!)