Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

You have to understand that I've been considering them as portable
computers too.  For calculating purposes, I actually use the HP48 of
late (The software base is a bonus.)

I know the TI92 is for kiddies, and way under-utilized as a portable
computer.

As far as the built in math capability, with my programming abilities
either could be configured to what I would want if I dedicated to it.
But yes, the HP48 is an engineering tool

I'm comparing these apples and oranges just to vent my own comments, as
more than one person has gone on saying one sux and one rules.  They are
very different.  (Maybe the TI-92 more different :)  I consider them
comparably portable, as I would be terrified of damaging either
expensive beast.  I would love a calculator and computer in one, and
would pay $400 for one machine that was both (lotta ram, lotta CPU,
lotta goodies on the rom and lotta software on the net.)

Oh, well.

Matthew.