Re: Radio-Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Radio-Link

> Has anybody out there actually built a working Radio-Link? TICALC (the
> web site at www.ticalc.org) used to carry the schematics, but they've now
> pulled it. They suspect it was all a hoax, that the thing really doesn't
> work. Boy, it sure would be nice to have one, though...
>
> Malin

A few electronics type people have confirmed that the link as planned
wouldn't work, but as far as i know, there are a few people working
on modifying it so it will.  Somebody is also (i think)  making a line-of-sight
infra-red link (like a TV remote)

What was really a hoax was that the rt-link maker "sold" the things
for 35 dollars  a piece. He claimed to have made 50 sets. It turns
out he was scamming people (actually just one, we should thank him :)

TTYL,
Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com