Re: Technical Help for TI-85 wanted... **UPDATE**

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Steven Wolfe wrote:

> In <4vqemg$br9@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> jackwill@ix.netcom.com(John
> S. Williams) writes:
>
> >dija call 1-800-TI-CARES?  They'll tell ya what to do... most likely
> >they'll say...
> >1>take out one battery
> >2>hold down the ON button for 20 seconds
> >3>replace the battery
> >4>turn it on and adjust the contrast
> >    i guess holding down the on key while having one battery out
> resets
> >the processor or something... hope it works for ya.
> >    ryan.
>
>     From my experience, calling 1-800-TI-CARES will have them telling
> you to exchange it with them  (assuming it's still in the one year
> warranty period).  This means that between the time you send it and the
> time you recieve the replacement, you'll have no calculator (which is
> no different from the way it is now, I suppose, since it doesn't work
> anyway).
>
> -DAN Wolfe
>  ^^^
That's not true.  When I had to have mine exchanged last year, I held on
to mine untill the new one came with a sendback envolope.  Then I sent
mine when the new one arrived, at TI's cost.  Good deal if you ask me,
plus I got an updated ROM version, although I did lose my programs.  :-)
Patrick
psweeney@geocities.com