Re: Calculator Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calculator Program

I like this idea! Hey -- if a 16K Timex/Sinclair can play Chess, so can
a 20K calculator, hm? 8-)> I'll look for BASIC code on the 'Net --
usually, these calculators speak an algebraic language easily translated
to/from BASIC. If you find anything, please post it -- it would be
interesting to see just how cheesy a computer we can get to play a legal,
if BAD, game of chess. Playing a good (2 or 3 ply lookahead) game would be
even better! Hmm -- tune the game to run well on this machine, then port it
to QuickBasic on a P166! About the only way a slow program like this would
really stand a chance would be to have a lot of knowledge -- it couldn't
rely on brute force. With such knowledge, why not then upgrade the
hardware? It may not win any contests, but should be MUCH fun! 8-)

<pre>
--
      Eric Carr <carr@cs.odu.edu>   |   http://www.cs.odu.edu/~carr
GAT d- s+:+ g++ a23 w C+++ US++ P L+ 3 E--- N+++ K- W M-- V-- t+ 5 R+(*) G++