Re: Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Challenge

In <4vj0lo$1hh@alvarez.physics.csbsju.edu>
PJZDEBSKI@tiny.computing.csbsju.edu (Peter John Zdebski) writes:

>billman.1@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu wrote:
>Even better, someone should make it for z-shell for maximum speed! Or
if fargo
>is ever released, for the ti-92.

    Or if System-8x is ever started, a multi-calc version!  Play
agianst the 82 or against a friend's 85!

>: I am challenging all TI programers to create a
>: program that plays chess against you.  The object
>: is to make the computer as fast and as good as
>: possible.

    But you know what would be a cool feature?   In "According To
Hoyle," I read about a variation of chess where you don't see your
opponent's pieces.  The way it works is there are three boards: one for
white, one for black, and one for a third person who has the entire
game on his board.  The two players try and figure out where the other
person's pieces are by moving their own, and the third person says
whether that move is possible, whether it captured a piece (and if so,
whether it was en passant), whether someone is in check (and if so,
from which "angle"), etc.
    I don't know all the rules; somebody would have to look it up, but
if the computer already knows all the rules to the standard chess game,
then it would be an interesting feature to add.
    And of course, don't leave out the human-vs-human option (the
easiest part, I suppose)!

(the way I'm talking, you'd think that I was the one programming this
thing)

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^