Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Challenge

I am challenging all TI programers to create a
program that plays chess against you.  The object
is to make the computer as fast and as good as
possible.

    Believe it or not, this IS possible!!!!!!  I
personally have done it on my TI-82!!! The computer
moves in about 3-15 mins depending on the position.
The program is strong enough to beat just about any
beginner and a few more experienced players.  I am
not yet realeasing the program because it is not
completely finished, and besides what would be the
fun of creating one if mine was already released.

        If you create a fairly good computer or
just create I really bad one, I'd be happy to take
a look at the code and speed it up for you.  If you
do create a working program you should either post
it here, or email it to me, Thaddeus Billman, at
billman.1@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu.

    I hope to release my finished program some time
around Christmas, so that should give you guys
plenty of time to make your own programs.

    If enough programs are made I'll even have a
tournament between them to see which is the
strongest.  The winner will recieve fame and glory
{grin}.

    I hope that anyone who tries this challenge has
a fun time with it.