Re: Calc speeding up - temperature?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calc speeding up - temperature?

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Tom J Dobes wrote:
>
> > processor?  There isn't ever any noticeable damage to the calc.  Also,
> > often the screen gets darker?   Maybe a battery problem?
>
> That would just be the fact that due to the heat, the batteries are reacting
> faster and making more electricity, and when the batteries supply more
> electricity, the screen gets darker, and the calc goes faster.  This is why you
> must turn up the contrast as the batteries get used up.

I believe the screen gets darker due to a change in temperture, of
course, a change in voltage would do it too.  If I remember correctly,
the voltage that liquid crystals allign themselves prefferentially is a
function of temperture, therefore, if the temperature of the screen is
changed the screen will "change color" even if the same voltage is being
supplied.  And if the battery voltage changes too, then overall effect
could be enhanced or deminished.

John Logan
n9342326@henson.cc.wwu.edu