Re: the "\" button on TI85 programs???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: the "\" button on TI85 programs???

Sheesh.. I think this question is in the faq, but anyway...

The backslash \ is not a character that is supposed to be entered directly
into the calculator... it is used to delimit (surround) metacharacters
(those that are on the TI keyboard, but not on the PC).  For example, \->\
is the STO> key on the calculator.

I am sending Jim a text file ASCII.TXT which can be found on the official
archive (archive.ppp.ti.com), or you can request a copy by mailing me.
This file contains the full list of keys and metacharacters.

At 21:01 8/17/96 -0700, Jim Pappenfus wrote:
>I have downloaded several programs for the TI-85 that contain the
>character "\"  I can not find this slash on the calculator anywhere!  It
>has the division slash obviously but have looked extensively for the
>other, please HELP!
>
>RaPtoR

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| "640K should be enough for anybody"                    |
|             -Bill Gates, 1986                          |
| Who is General Failure, and why is he reading drive C? |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |