Re: Need Answers to TI buying Q's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Answers to TI buying Q's

>   I was wondering if there was a way to find a bargain on the Net for TI
calc's,
>like 83 and 85, a place that sells them below street prices.

Just shop around....

>   As a programmer, I'd also like to know if either the TI-83 or TI-85
supports any
>functions for string manipulations or two-way link communications?

The TI-85, using ZShell (assembly language) can do 2way communications
over the link. The 83, as of current time, cannot. Primitive string operations
are possible in both the 83 and the 85. The 85 has a character set that
includes lowercase letters. The 83, to my knowlege, does not.

>   Lastly, I've heard that the TI-83 is more recent and sophisticated than the
>TI-85. Besides better assembly access, does the 85 have anything over the 83?

In some ways the 83 is more sophisticated, but not many. The 85
has a higher resolution screen, has more memory, and assembly capabilities.
The 85 also has some additional ops that make it more appropriate for
higher level math courses. The 83 is more recent, and has a few additional
capabilities, but not many.

Pat Gunn, a C programmer and member of TeamOS/2,
User of NT, OS/2, PC-DOS7, Linux, etc. My homepage is http://ftp.apk.net/~qc
Fan of Executor, a Mac emulator for DOS, Linux, and NeXT (see
http://www.ardi.com)
And then came the godly NEKO, a flying first strike 32/32 black creature