Re: TI-82 in Alg. II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 in Alg. II

-- [ From: Dave Wollenberg * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Sorry to direct this to the whole list, but I couldn't find the original
email address.

> FH>I'll be teaching a high school Algebra II class this fall, using the
> FH>TI-82.  I've never used the 82 before--only the 81.
>
> FH>Does anyone have any ideas of good introductory activities for
sophomores
> FH>and juniors to get them used to the calculators without being
intimidated
> FH>by them?  My students have never used a graphing calculator before.
>
> I used a ti 81 before I got a 82.  They are really identical to learn, so
> whatever you do on a 81, you can easily do on a 82.  I would suggest a
game
> that graphs a line, (there are dfferent flavors of it, some graph circles,
> etc.) and the student has to guess the equation.  It gets a a student to
learn
> te calc, while having some fun.  If you need the program, let me know,
I'll
> whip one up!  :)

Also, I found a good way to get learn the menus and find where certain
commands are is to just find programs on the net and copy them in by hand.
At first you look in the book a lot, but soon you learn where everything is,
which is very useful in a math class. There are many TI-82 web pages out
there like mine:
http://www2.novasys.com/~dave_w/mhisti.html

or there's links to a lot of them at www.ticalc.org

<pre>