TI-82 in Alg. II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-82 in Alg. II

FH>I'll be teaching a high school Algebra II class this fall, using the
FH>TI-82.  I've never used the 82 before--only the 81.

FH>Does anyone have any ideas of good introductory activities for sophomores
FH>and juniors to get them used to the calculators without being intimidated
FH>by them?  My students have never used a graphing calculator before.

I used a ti 81 before I got a 82.  They are really identical to learn,
so whatever you do on a 81, you can easily do on a 82.  I would suggest
a game that graphs a line, (there are dfferent flavors of it, some
graph circles, etc.) and the student has to guess the equation.  It
gets a a student to learn te calc, while having some fun.  If you need
the program, let me know, I'll whip one up!  :)