Re: uncompress .zip on Mac ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: uncompress .zip on Mac ?

>Hi everybody,
>
>I found a lot of interesting (I suppose so!) .zip files on ticalc.org site but
>I don't know how to uncompress them on my Macintosh.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Lionel

You can find a program called ZipIt on the internet. Use Yahoo and search
for "Macintosh Archives". There should be a link in the list for
"communication programs" or "internet programs".

Be forewarned, however. When you decompress a file using ZipIt on the Mac,
you also need to use ResEdit to restore the file and creator type of the
file (for some reason ZipIt doesn't restore these things). Example: if the
file is a TI-92 Group file, the file type would be "92G" and the creator
type would be "TI92".

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@postoffice.ptd.net