Re: Need major starting-out help.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996 21:20:54 GMT oliver@NAI.NET writes:
>I have had my TI85 for 2 years now and I have just realized it's
>potential as a
>portable computer of sorts.
>Is there any way to get my TI connected to my 486PC without spending
>$60 to buy
>the TI connection cable?

Yes. There is aparallel link with software for DOS. It cost me about $7
to make. The plans and software are available at http://www.ticalc.org

>Also, are there programs available I can type in or do I need to buy
>special
>software and cables?
>Also, were do I get the emulator for my PC?  I have plenty of

At ticalc.org

>technical
>knowledge and have been putting BASIC programs
>into my TI since day 1.
>One last question, Are there different ROM numbers?  I have had two
>units with
>minor differences and have seen a third.
>One didn't have all the link commands that my current one does that I
>got after
>telling TI the first one "died".

Yes, there are different ROM versions. Hit 2nd [MODE], [ALPHA] S. Then
hit any key EXCEPT [ENTER] to find out what version it is.

>I am really desperate to get a chat program going on this thing....

With a link cable you can put ZShell on your calc. ZShell lets you run
assembly programs on your 85. There is a chat program for it.