Re: Algebra 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Algebra 2

> Look.  Nothing you do in Algebra 2 requires anything other than a basic
> scientific.  You don't need programs, you need brains.  The calculator
may
> help you with graphing, and quadratic formula, but for what else would
you
> need it.  If you can't do simultaneous equations, you might as well get
out
> of math.  This is all part of the "dumbing down of America".
Ok, there is no reason to reprimand me.  I am a 3.833+ GPA student, and I
can do math without a calculator, and I _ALWAYS_ make sure I understand how
to do a problem by hand before I ever do it with the calculator.  ONCE I
understand how the problems work and I can do them, I see no point in
wasting time, AS LONG AS I'm sure I know how to do them.  Most of the time
my teacher will make us show enough work that the calculator can only be
used as a TOOL TO CHECK our work, and for that purpose entirely, I think it
is worth it.  Not because I can use it to solve problems or whatever, but
because I can check my work with it.  Is that so wrong?

Aaron N. Tubbs
aaron@parrett.net