Re: programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: programs

> I was unaware of this problem for the TI-82 (don't personally own one :).
> However the software could be written on other platforms (not to sound
> biased, but the TI-92 has some cute ways of making code uneditable).
I do understand, I also have a TI-92, and use it frequently, and have read
about interesting tidbits of code that can be added to a program to make
them self-destruct if edited, though if you use the local un-lock, it can
be reversed by anyone who knows what the [var-link] menu does.

> Finally, on the issue of piracy, you could get around that problem by
using
> an add-on file. I won't go into specifics here, just that it is possible
> make sure that a program that is on one machine can't be copied to
another
> without the second person registering their own copy.
Basically it's like sending out Doom with the first set of levels, without
any physical trace of the rest, to be replaced when registered by a
complete set of levels, correct me if I'm wrong.  Yes, that would work to
stop it from working until registered, but once you have purchased a
registered copy, it's completely piratable.  There may be something I've
not thought of yet, but I don't see any way to make it un-pirate-able.

Aaron
aaron@parrett.net
http://www.parrett.net/~poral