Re: Ti-92 & Assembly language

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-92 & Assembly language

> No one will probably write their own assembler, but probably make a 68k table
> for tasm, or use one out their that's available.. .they may use a header file
> like that of Zshell.... but its possible to write a assembler  for it
> (probably a waste of time though)...

There are freeware 68k cross assemblers out there.  The 68k opcode format
is much more complex than that of the Z80, which would make a table for
tasm impossibly hard to write and probably extremely large (if the format
would even work).  The only reason we use tasm for the z80 is that it's
the only (or one of the few) z80/IBM cross assembler(s).

Later,

     Josh Hays          |             johays@brownell.edu
  Omaha, Nebraska       |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid