>From: scwolfe@ix.netcom.com(Steven Wolfe)
>Subject: Re: Which TI does your school require
>Date: 5 Aug 1996 00:34:31 GMT

>In <3204DF04.1944@tenet.edu> Richard Taylor <rtaylor@tenet.edu> writes:

>>And there is just no reason to buy a TI-82; it's replacement, the
>>TI-83, is so superior that the 82 shouldn't even be considered.

>I can think of one good reason:  cost.  Check the price comparison at
>ticalc.org...But for students, who may
>want to save their money for other things, while the 83 is, as you say,
>"superior", is it really necessary to spend the extra money?

Well, checking ticalc.org shows the 83 to have an _MSRP_ of $125, which is
indeed quite a bit more than the 82.

However, nobody ever sells anything for the MSRP, and the 83 will likely have
a STREET PRICE of maybe $5 or $10 more than the 82.

Yeah, I think school kids (or more likely, school kids' parents) will be able
to afford that.

Matt Tuley
mtuley@jeffco.k12.co.us