Re: END THIS THREAD!!!! (was: Re: TI sucks HP rules)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: END THIS THREAD!!!! (was: Re: TI sucks HP rules)

I agree... the only good way to discuss the relative merits of the calcs is
in a MATURE manner... insults just detract from the point and clutter the
group...

The HP-48 uses a 4MHz Saturn processor, BTW...
At 20:55 7/31/96 +0700, you wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Who really cares?  These calc wars are getting old.  We all know who will
>>> win all of them on a TI mailing list, so let's just give it up.  If you like
>>> your TI, GREAT!  If you like your HP, GREAT!  Can't we all just get along?
>>

>>I think we're getting along ok.  Comparing the TI and the HP is
>>a valid and useful thing to do if it's done in an adult way.
>>They're different and someone asked about the difference and
>>since I own several of both now, I told him what I think.
>

>I agree that comparing is ok, but the pointless flames that get into the
>equation is what annoys me.  The original poster who started this "TI sucks
>HP rules" thread was just a spammer who wanted to insult TI users in this
>newsgroup.  Unfortunately, that person probably doesn't care if anyone
>replies to him with a valid argument, and most likely doesn't even read
>anything here.
>
>>I don't think you can read any wars into my comments.  I pointed
>>out what I think are the advantages of both and I pointed out that
>>certain people (probably most people) will prefer the TI but the
>>people who like to dig and customize will prefer the HP.  No war
>>material there.  Just honest opinion when someone wanted to know
>>the difference.
>
>I was not referring to your comments.  It seemed that you were one of the
>only people posting to the thread with maturity.  What irks me are these HP
>people who come and just start some garbage.  I'm sure some TI people do it
>too.  They don't discuss or compare anything.  Instead they simply want to
>insult people.  I don't feel that is appropriate here, IMHO.  Other than
>your posts and the posts of a few others, most of the posts of this nature
>have had no point whatsoever of any consequence to make.
>
>>I have both and I intend to use both, but not for the same things.
>>I also intend to enjoy both and discussing them is part of enjoying
>>them to me.
>
>I agree wholeheartedly with discussing and comparing the two.  I just wish
>that it could be done in a civilized manner.
>
>Since you have an HP, what speed is the processor in the HP-48?  I have
>heard people complain that it is a Saturn processor that is too slow.
>
>cya

>*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
>*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
>*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
>*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
>*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
>*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
>*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
>*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
>*  agreement to these terms.                               *
>*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| "640K should be enough for anybody"                    |
|             -Bill Gates, 1986                          |
| Who is General Failure, and why is he reading drive C? |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |