Re: A92: PS2 again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: PS2 again

Stephan Effelsberg wrote:

> I've experimented with my PS2 mouse again - yes, it's a long time ago
> that I started with it.
> I connected it to a power supply and used pull-up resistors for the
> clock and data lines, but it seems that the mouse does not want to send
> data by itself.
> But if I tie clock to ground, data to ground, and release clock finally
> then the mouse starts to generate clock pulses by itself at 1440bit/s.
> Wow, that's more than I expected.
> There must be some standard protocol I have to send to the mouse, but I
> don't know which bytes I have to send. I found some docs of the PS2
> protocol in general, but no specific mouse protocol. This could also
> explain why a PS2 mouse does not work again if you unplug it from your
> PC while it is running and plug it in again. It expects an initialising
> sequence!
> Maybe I have more luck next week.
> The slow clock rate makes it easy to read the data with a calc, the I2C
> bus driver from DJWatson comes in handy here!
>
> Ticalc has updated the 'new files' part, so let's wait for new download
> stats. The emptiness of the assembly-92 list can either mean that nobody
> owns a 92, or nobody want to admit that he owns one. The 89 is more
> 'state of the art' ...

Everything here sounds great, may be the link protocol must be recorded with
a interrupt driven uC. i don't have any in function here, (may be when my
new disign see the sun , i can help you here. But the pcb was some weeks
delayed (between me and the shop). The pcb for the mem expander and the port
for sm (i hope) will be this week in my hands. then may be i can help you in
these amazing projects.

if you are interested in the  port and SM, and if you want, i can send you a
pcb ready for sdoldering in the TI (but with out the ic there are cheaper).

see you