A92: DoorsOS? Fargo? Fargo II?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: DoorsOS? Fargo? Fargo II?

I've been pokin' around all over the place and I'm *STILL* unable to find any kind of answer to my questions about DoorsOS and Fargo (II).  I had hopes when I found the link "Beginner TI-92 Fargo II Programming" by Kodi Mosley at http://www.calc.org/programming/index.cgi?p=fargo2.  Unfortunately, when I try to access the link, I get tossed against a login screen.  I've joined Dimensions TI (www.calc.org) in hopes that would fix the problem, but still I hit the same login dialog.  I've tried sending THEM mail, but their mailer script keeps crashing.  AARRGGHH!!

Anyway, I'm new to TI-92+ programming (but not to TI calculator programming; I have a TI-86).  I desperately want to code in C, but there's all this talk (on the boards and various sites) about DoorsOS and Fargo (II).  If I understand it correctly, these two "systems" are nothing but friendly assembly environments, providing some services to assembly programs (naming of ROM calls, library suport, etc).
So ... What I'm looking for are answers to these questions:
* How do either of these (DoorsOS/Fargo(II)) fit into TI-GCC?
* Do I need to install DoorsOS or Fargo (II) on my 92+ before I code in C using TI-GCC?
* What's the difference between DoorsOS and Fargo (II)?
* Are they compatible?
* What's the difference between Fargo and Fargo II?
* When I'm looking at a 3rd-party library, how do I know if it will work with DoorsOS, Fargo (II), neither, or both?

All these casual references I continually see regarding DoorsOS and Fargo have left me so terribly confused. Can someone help me? Please.

Thx.
 - Liam Fry