Re: A92: Re: Shells and assembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Re: Shells and assembler

>  under the "system" label in the mem area?  isn't that the kernel?  I beleive
> that is easily (ormore at "possibly") modified. one of the things I've always

Uh... no.  :)  Last I checked it's locked from modification.  I'll let you ruin
your 92 by trying to change it and not being able to get it back.  (Warranty
being long since voided!)

> been a fan of is symbolic grafics.  I don't like graphicks, accept on sgi's,
> where they belong.  Imagine how powerful a 400Mhz pentium II would be running
> a DOS-like OS, where the "graphics" were all in the bios.  I'm thinking, that
> if the ti keeps stuborndly refering to it's "graphics driver" (speaking of
> which, I know they make backlights for the 85, can they do that for 92?  or
> rather, does someone have a barely working 92 they could experiment with to
> devel a procedure?), then why don't we just use it for text, and just have a
> powerful however user-unfriendly mathematic calculator as well as computer.
> I'm saying Graphics nothing, that's not what computers were made for.
> Graphics are for graphing and not wasting processor cycles to make the text
> look better.  And sure, A new OS wouldn't be for everybody, but it would
> still fill a nich.

I'm not one to make personal judgements, but it sounds like you have some
personal vendetta against computer graphics!

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, Wash.)
Electronic Mail: serac@lightmail.com
IRC Nickname: serac (on EF-Net)