Re: A92: Oncalc compiler (ONTIC)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Oncalc compiler (ONTIC)

Will this archive software work on a reguluar ti-92? (not a plus)

Also, I think it would be very convienient to have a PC program that would
convert C++ to assembly.  The *idea* of having an on-calc compiler is nice,
but not really practical.  The calc is not meant to be used to develop the
software, it is meant to run the software.  I do not, however, want to
discourage anyone from trying it.  It would be a great accomplishment
(practical or not).  The PC C++ - ASM compiler could be used also in
programming better ASM (I'll Explain).  Take me for example.  I am very good
at at C++, but still only intermediate level in ASM.  I could use the
compiler to create ASM files which I could then study to learn ASM better.
I know what you are all thinking though.  An ASM file converted from C++
would be larger, and less efficient than a pure ASM file.  This would also
give good practice in code optimization.  Maybe something like this already
exists.  If so, please tell me where.  If not, lets get started creating
one.

Thanks